Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This is Not a good idea...


...to listen to while breastfeeding.
Funny story (although you'll have to be the judge on that because Dana says that all the stories I think are funny are really just stupid)
No, Henry did not bust out in song-altough that would've been spectacular, and perhaps a little creepy seeing as he's 14 weeks old.
But I was listening to the cd as I played with him and folded laundry on our bed. He started to root and slobber all over his hands, so I went to feed him. The instrumental part of the cd started and it was just nice and peaceful, laying down nursing my baby...and then the ominous music started (you know, when Ursula comes in). He popped off, looking terribly frightened, and then made this exaggerated pouty face (bottom lip out and everything). I laughed out loud. (Just imagine your baby doing this and you'll laugh too. Or try it sometime and see if they are as disturbed by The Little Mermaid music as Henry was). I kept calming him down and putting him back on, but every time scary music came on, he would repeat the same scared, pouty face, and we'd start all over. After a few times trying to calm him back down to eat, I wisened up and turned off the music. Then he fell asleep. So, I guess I'll be careful what we listen to while he's eating. Apparently The Little Mermaid is just too frightening for him. lol

4 comments:

  1. Soo funny! There you go---perfect example of how influential music is! :)

    Little Mermaid IS a little scary! I don't blame him! It's now one of Kamryn's favorites to watch and listen to, but it took a few times of having mom sitting with her before she was comfortable with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are too scared to even watch the movie. It was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny the random stuff that creeps kids out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! Henry is so smart and responsive!

    ReplyDelete