Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

It hit me in a different way that I'm a mom when for the first time in my life, people wished me a "Happy Mother's Day" (instead of a "Happy Future Mother's Day" like when I was in Young Womens).
So, this is how it went...
I woke up in the morning to Jason exclaiming "Happy Mother's Day!" as he put Henry in my arms, and gave me these:

Afterwards, I also got these. (Yellow flowers are my favorite! Daisy's are my real favorite, but these are my 2nd and I totally hinted about them yesterday. Hehehe)

Jason offered to make me breakfast in bed, but we had waited too long and so had to jump up to get ready for church. Oh well. Church was wonderful! Afterwards we took pictures:




Yesterday he had also told me that he wanted to make me 'any dinner that I wanted,' so I looked through one of our slow cooker recipe books and picked out this: (They're called maple glazed meatballs, and OH were they DELICIOUS! It sounds weird, but it was good. They were like tangy and sweet meatballs. There's also pineapple chunks in them.)

We ate them over rice, and had stir fry veggies on the side:

Here's Jason's romantic table set up: (notice the candle and the little rose top in the glass?) It looks a little messy, but it kind of illustrates him trying to do everything (cooking and setting the table) for the first time.I think it's cute.



We also had pumpkin pie (which I actually made. We ate it before dinner though because it got done way before and we were hungry. It was yummy and my first attempt to make it.



We also talked with out moms on the phone and wished them Happy Mother's Day. It was quite a lovely day and I wouldn't change it for anything. :)

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful mother's day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. que,lindo,parabéns,adorei ler tudo,vc merece!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful series of pictures - I love the ones of you guys at the church - simple, yet so beautiful! Sounds like it was a perfect first mothers day - good job, Jason!! And hey, could I get the recipe for those meatballs? :)

    ReplyDelete