Monday, September 3, 2012
Little Baby Jane is not so little anyone...1 YEAR old!
So, her birthday was August 12th-a few weeks ago now...but here are a few things about our little Lady Jane as I often call her.
She is a little silly.
She likes to cuddle with her mommy in the morning. But it is VERY hard to get her to smile for pictures. It's ok. She looks cute even when she's not grinning.
She has HUGE blue eyes and an little angel face, and as a baby, she truly was a peaceful, sweet little angel...but, don't be deceived-she likes to get into stuff just like any other little toddler. And when Henry takes ANYthing from her that she had first, or goes near her if she doesn't feel like playing with him, she turns fearsome. I've started calling her goose. She's all nice and pretty until something upsets her, then HONK!!! Or WAAAA/RRRAAA in her case (it's sometimes hard to describe the noises they make at this age.)
This is just part of the picture:
Here is the rest of the picture. She made all those messes, and when I went to take this picture, she went from turning the pages over nicely, to batting the book around like a poor rag doll.
One of her favorite places is under the kitchen table. I'm not sure why?
Her little family birthday celebration in NY. Henry was the same way-a little tired by the time the cake came out, and a little confused why everyone was staring at him and singing to him, etc...I think he got a little scared/sad too for a few moments. I've heard most 1 years olds are like that.
She loves to hold our hands and take off walking, but isn't yet on her own. She's still content to just crawl to where she wants to go. She pulls herself up to stand all over though. We can't wait for her to really start standing and then taking those 1st steps.
She is a whiz at the stairs though, and can get through any blockade we put up, no matter how unpenetrable we think we have made it. I should stop calling her goose and start calling her 007, or Houdini or something. The best part is, if I'm off in the kitchen getting food ready, and she's goes for it, I often catch her because once she's through, and crawling up as fast as she can-she totally giggles at her triumph.
By the way-there was a toy box full of toys in front of more than half the gate to secure it. So much for that. She just keeps tugging until it's wide enough to squeeze her little self through. She's fit through smaller spaces too!
And caught yah! She just laughs and keeps going.
Some other little things:
All Jane needs to sleep is a little blanket and her thumb. If she's tired enough, and finds something soft whether a blanket or stuffed animal, she just grabs it with her left hand and sucks her right thumb, and she's out. She's like Linus from Peanuts.
She eats anything and everything rught now, BUT tomatoes. She ate one the other week, and when I went to offer her another, she just glared and shook her head 'no.' She hasn't even been willing to touch one since.
She is a cuddler still. We LOVE this. :)
She still lets pretty much anyone hold her or play with her.
She cries very easily though if she falls (even just a little fall) no matter how much we don't make a big deal of it. Henry at this age just fell and got back up. We're still working on that with her. Funny how our baby who never cried is now turing into the toddler who cries about lots of little things. Thankfully though, she doesn't last long and is back to be happy again.
She doesn't take any crap from her big brother although he tries a lot lately.
She loves the water in any way, shape and form. She plays pretty nicely in the tub, unless you lay her on her back, and then she goes wild. It's pretty hilarious! She laughs and kicks the water like nobody's business.
We love our little girl! Happy Birthday Sweetie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just love your little Jane!
ReplyDeleteI love the first picture with the blocks - her expression and everything. I love your comparisons of her to a goose, 007 and Linus - too cute, and you really get a glimpse of her personality. :)
ReplyDeleteIn the cake picture she looks more like Henry than any time I've ever seen her.
ReplyDelete