Friday, January 20, 2012

Prayer Works!

I posted this on FB, but thought that I would tell the little story on here.

Early this morning Jason was frantically looking for his wallet. He had to leave in 15 minutes to take the car to the shop (warranty is almost up and it's having trouble accelerating). He couldn't, or shouldn't leave without his licence, ID, money, etc...so we needed to find it. Why he didn't look for it last night when he already knew it was missing, I don't know? Since he hadn't said anything about it, I figured he had already found it, until this morning when I was woken up by all his racket!
So, I got out of bed to help him. First thing I did was said a prayer that went something like this:

"Good morning Heavenly Father. (yawn) I know that you have a lot to do, but Jason has to leave and can't find his wallet. Can you give either one of us an idea of where it is? ..." Then I finished the prayer and waited for an answer. The Holy Ghost told me to check the bed.

I went into our room and looked everywhere around it and thought to myself-'huh. I could've sworn I was directed to check the bed. Maybe I heard wrong?'

So we continued to look. We went through the whole thing of...
When was the last time you had it? J-Wednesday
Where's the last place you remember using it? J-Don't know A-You had to have taken it to the bank. Did you go into the bank? Could it have fallen on the floor? J-Didn't go into the bank. I went to the gas station afterwards though.

So he called the gas station to see if someone turned it in. No such luck.

J-I came in and did school work and such. (He has 3 places he puts it, and we had checked those, plus turned the rest of our home upside down at this point.)
A-No you didn't. You were horsing around with Henry after you guys got back from the bank.
J-(Epiphany) I know where it is. I took a nap after I played with Henry. (He was still trying to get over his sickness and slept in Henry's bed because Jane was asleep on ours and he didn't want to wake her up.) It's in Henry's bed.

And there it was. The spirit touched me again as we were walking up the stairs and I knew he was right. So I did hear right-to check the bed. I was just checking the wrong one. It didn't occur to me to check Henry's because, well, I had forgotten that Jason had taken a nap there, and besides that he was still asleep and we avoid going in there so as not to wake up Mr. Ogar. Maybe your kid is like that too when you wake him up before he's ready.

So, prayers works. Heavenly Father does know what's going on down here and is willing to help us. "If you can't find something on your feet, get on your knees." -Jessica Virgin (I might've botched the quote a little)

1 comment: