This one is going to require your imagination because I am NOT going to post any pictures. Way too nasty.
Background information:
Henry had not pooped in 3 days.
He had nursed, eaten peas, rice, squash, sweet potatoes and prunes.
We started feeding him a lot of prunes since he was so constipated.
Yesterday he just let out gas. Poor guy. His body was now making fossil fuels.
After 4 days:
Explosion of nastiness! Poop everywhere!
Explanation (after day 4):
So if this wasn't me cleaning it up, I would think this is very funny. You still will I'm sure though, especially since you've probably had something similar happen to you.
I was posting pictures on facebook while Henry was playing with a toy next to me in his bumbo. The onloy reason that he was in the bumbo is because I feared a blow out. Otherwise, he can sit up very well on his own now. All of a sudden I heard it. "Maybe it's just a fart (this had been happening all yesterday with no dirty diaper). I looked down seconds later and Henry was arching his back trying to get away from his own diaper, making the most awkward face! I took him upstairs to clean him up.
The poop has just gotten the back of his onesie dirty. I took that off, trying to not touch the rest of him with it. It was starting to seep. Like a mudslide. I put him in the bathtub. Bad mistake I realized as I took off the diaper. WOW. 4 days of food waste. Talking about ewwww. I left the diaper/cover there and took him to the sink. We've cleaned him off there before. We just take out the drain and pour a cup of water over him and let it go down the drain, and then wash up the sink afterwards. HINDsight is always 20/20 though (no pun intended.):) hahaha I sat him in the sink because it was all over his butt, lower back, legs, and front. So not fun to clean poop out of your baby's manly areas. Gross. Just gross. As he got cold of course, his balls shrunk up, leaving little chunks of poo stuck in the little tiny folds.
So now that you have that lovely picture. Henry started fussing about sitting in the sink. I picked him up, holding him in a way to try to to let him touch me (still standing in the sink). And then he decided that this could be fun! He started grabbing everything on the sink top, and pulling it towards him, which inevitably got dropped in the sink with poopy water smeared all over. The water was on because of course I'm trying to rinse this off of him. I tried to rinse things off, get them away from him, while holding him, and trying not to touch the poo. Lastly he grabbed the soap container and it splashed into the water. Then brownish water went splashing out of the sink, onto the floor, the things I'd put on the floor, and my underwear. I yelled "NO!" You have to imagaine it like slow motion yelling as he grabs the soap thing.
But it was too late. I made sure there was nothing more up there that he could grab, and took a rag to wipe up the floor. When I stood back up, Henry is pulling the faucet handle up and down, turning the water on and off. Now I started to just laugh. Then he put the whole handle in his mouth and made faces at himself in the mirror. I took him back out of the sink to his room and got him diapered and re-dressed (and of course afterwards I cleaned and sanitized everything).
Boys will be boys? Or babies will be babies? I don't know. I do know that prunes work well though.
Oh the joys of motherhood! I feel the same way about cleaning Silas' boy parts... its a little strange for me, but as Josh reminds me, It's o.k. because I'm his mother and he needs to be clean!
ReplyDeleteThis post is hilarious!!! I love the gory details you felt the need to share - I was laughing so hard!! I had a similar nasty poop experience when Edward took off his diaper for the first time. He had ended his nap and was playing quietly in his crib so I didn't hear him. This is when he discovered that he could get his dipaer off (an easy feat since it was during a heat wave and he was wearing only a diaper). Well, it was a poopy diaper, so you can imagine how THAT went. When I heard him awake and went in to get him, there was poop EVERYWHERE!!! All over the bumper, smeared all over the sheets - in his hair, on his cheeks, smushed into his hands, crammed underneath his toenails for crying out loud!! He had been PLAYING in it! Sooooo disgusting. I just kept yelling - oh, no, no NOOOOO!! Over and over as I tried to figure out where to start first. It was seriously one of THE mnost disgusting things EVER. So yeah, needless to say, Edward now wears clothes at ALL times...
ReplyDeleteWow - the joys of motherhood indeed! Danielle just had her first blowout yesterday, at a baby shower, sitting on my lap, as the mom-to-be was opening up lap/crib protecter pads! I wish I had had one of them on my lap... But I loved your story! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLOL. That's so gross. I understand what you mean about cleaning boy parts. Have you guys been cloth diapering since he was born?
ReplyDelete