Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh Henry...

The past two weeks have gone by SO slowly for Jason and I. Normally this time of year goes by so quickly, but being 34 1/2 weeks pregnant now is not helping this. We have another appointment with the ob today and have been looking forward to it-perhaps just because it makes it feel that much closer to having our baby. We also get to hear his heartbeat and ask her questions and we love that.
I'm at the point when I'm just ready to not be pregnant anymore. I think Jason is ready for this too. All of you who've been through this know exactly what I mean. Poor Jason, he tries to help so much and just gets frustrated when he can't do anything to stop Henry from moving around like he has room, while I'm trying to sleep or when we're being romantic (it kinda kills the mood). I'm surprised at how much he STILL tries to move around. Jason made me laugh about it though while talking on the phone during his lunch break. All of a sudden I yelped because Henry decided to stretch his whole body out or something. It was painful. I had his hands shoving my bladder and his feet kicked my ribs and also what felt like my lung, while his back pushed the skin/uterus/muscles of my belly further than it seemed to want to go, in one quick moment. Jason was worried and asked if it was another contraction. I just said no, that he was just trying to knock out the walls of my one-room apartment style womb to make a 4 bedroom 3 story house. He responded "jerk." That took me off guard and maybe it shouldn't have made me laugh that he called our innocent baby a jerk, but it did.
Well, just a little bit more to go until we get to hold our little boy! Despite the difficulty of pregnancy, we know it will be worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Hey AJ its Kylee your former USU roomie! I love to blog so hopefully you don't mind me following yours. We have one as well if you wanna look redcolesfamily.blogspot.com. Congrats on the soon to be Henry. Your gonna have so much fun with a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, it really will be worth it! The longer they bake the better off they are as well. So even though you want him out, it's good if he decides to stay in =). Try and enjoy your holidays! I'm excited to follow your new blog and see you baby when he comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes! I know what you are feeling! And it will pass. Ryan was SO frustrated when I was pregnant with Kamryn for that very reason---he just couldn't do anything to help and hated that I was so uncomfortable. This time he's been more patient with it all because he knows what to expect. :) But you only have, what, 38 days left!?! :) So exciting! And after you see Henry, you and Jason will both forget about everything going on right now. Hard to believe...but true! :)

    Sounds like Henry wants to come as soon as possible too! :) He's just so excited to meet you two in person, that he can't control the excitement! :)

    I'm SO SO SO excited you have a blog now! I LOVE the blogging world and am so excited when I have more friends join! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete